FRANCHISE KEEPER 10 TEAM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FRANCHISE KEEPER 10 TEAM FORUM

An all-in-one fantasy league football forum to enter trades, claims, cuts, weekly lineups, questions, comments for BIG DOGS ONLY.

ROSTER LIMIT = 30 players + 1 player on I.R.
REMINDER to get at or under the salary cap of $25 million
PLEASE enter 1 cut or claim per topic. DON'T REPLY to your original entry. Each new CUT or CLAIM has it's own TOPIC!!!! DO IT
No owner can claim players if they don't have salary cap space for the claim at the time of the claim.

FREE AGENT DRAFT begins WED JULY 15...Only 2 players from each team can be selected in FA DRAFT

You are not connected. Please login or register

2nd Pick Is The Worst!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

12nd Pick Is The Worst! Empty 2nd Pick Is The Worst! Tue 24 Feb 2015, 12:37 am

Spence

Spence

Well, not really. I'm pretty happy with it. But the decision on who to pick is a tough one. Obviously, KP is going to take Aaron Rodgers. And for me, I'm torn on what to do. It is really hard to pass on Peyton Manning. Like really really hard. Maybe I will trade down. Smile I mean Drew Brees would be my next favorite I guess. But there are obvious problems with both I think. You could say Tom Brady but I don't know how long he can keep it up. But Brady might be the "safe" pick out of the bunch. You could make a darkhouse argument for Seattle Defense. But nah. Not that high. Tony Romo? No way. Not that high. No chance would I consider Phillip Rivers there. And same with any RB, WR, or TE. QB only pick. What sayeth you?

Oh and to really get the conversation started way way way too early...I'm looking to move up from #8 to somewhere in the top 6.

22nd Pick Is The Worst! Empty Re: 2nd Pick Is The Worst! Tue 24 Feb 2015, 2:55 am

Spence

Spence

So I guess at this point I could either trade down and still get a top 6 QB, or use the pick for Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, or Tom Brady. That seems like the only logical options.

32nd Pick Is The Worst! Empty Re: 2nd Pick Is The Worst! Wed 25 Feb 2015, 11:32 am

HeffsHuskers

I agree with you Spence, on selecting either Brady, Brees, or Manning at #2. Check out this spreadsheet I made comparing the top 10 QBR quarterbacks from 2014 and their QBRs / regular season wins / playoff wins / super bowl appearances+SBwins from 2006-14. I don't know if it'll help out with your selection or not, but I like looking and messing with stats.

https://sites.google.com/site/franchisekeeper10teamcom/home/QB%20COMPARISON%20QBR%20WINS.htm?attredirects=0&d=1

42nd Pick Is The Worst! Empty Re: 2nd Pick Is The Worst! Thu 26 Feb 2015, 12:56 pm

swg

The problem with a trade down is that everyone knows you can basically get the same QB at #5 you can get at #2 (Manning, Brees, Brady, Romo).  All of those guys have knocks on why they can't do it again (Manning is super old in a new offense, Brees' team is falling apart, Brady is old, and Romo is Romo).  So I think to get much in return you would need to trade past #5.  Or you just take the one you like most.  And I won last year by starting either Andy Dalton or Johnny Football almost every week so who knows, maybe RB/WR or Defense is the way to go.

And Anthony has 3 of the top 6 picks so I doubt he goes QB 3 times.  That means there is a good chance one of those guys are there at #7 and that Rivers or Stafford are there past #10.  It should be a very cool draft this year and I am very excited that we are not slow drafting the early rounds this year.

52nd Pick Is The Worst! Empty Re: 2nd Pick Is The Worst! Fri 27 Feb 2015, 3:33 am

Spence

Spence

I'll tell you what I see and my dilemma.

1) KP- Aaron Rodgers...Duh.
2) GG- Peyton Manning...Still not 100% on who I'm picking but for now it's Manning.
3) KP- Drew Brees...Even with Matt Ryan I still think KP goes QB twice.
4) JD- Tom Brady...No brainer.
5) JD- Tony Romo...I think JD also goes double QB because I doubt he keeps Russell Wilson.
6) KP- Jamaal Charles...Filling a major need to compliment his QBs.
7) TD- Phillip Rivers...No way he keeps one of his QBs so he won't have any going in.  However, if I jump ahead of him and I pick Rivers, I think TD is forced to take Stafford here.  Then he just picks someone completely different with his Comp pick.
Cool GG- Need to move up to get a QB.
9) GG- Probably Arian Foster.
10) NE- Seattle...Dude is going to load up on D.  He'll have Seattle, New York Jets, and Pittsburgh.
COMP) TG- Frank Gore...This is the "I have no choice" pick.  The dude has zero picks in all three pre-season drafts and no respectable RB coming back.  Gotta go best RB available. May not be the worst overreach in the world if he lands in Arizona like it's expected.
COMP) TD- Stafford...Desperate for QBs.
COMP) IP- Calvin Johnson...To be honest, who knows what this pick will be.  Never know what IP is going to do.

I want two quarterbacks and I think Stafford sucks balls.  I want two of the top six available.  I can wait and hope that JD remembers when he won the title with Seattle and picks them.  But I don't want to take that chance.  Now in my mind here is what I plan on offering KP for a trade.  I get 3 and 6, and then he gets 2 and 8.  He is going RB no matter what I think and whoever he picks will still be available at 8.  I give him the opportunity to get the top 2 QBs.  And maybe I throw him my College Pick #8 or something.  That seems pretty fair.  Think he'd go for it?

62nd Pick Is The Worst! Empty Re: 2nd Pick Is The Worst! Fri 27 Feb 2015, 4:11 am

Spence

Spence

There's always wildcards to consider too. What if KP doesn't keep Matt Ryan? What if JD doesn't keep Matt Forte? What if TD doesn't keep Kansas City? And of course there is the rumor of Dez Bryant never playing football again. If that's true he won't be an option towards the end of the 1st for anybody.

72nd Pick Is The Worst! Empty Re: 2nd Pick Is The Worst! Sun 08 Mar 2015, 1:28 pm

Anthony

Anthony

Pick 2 is the same to me as pick 3. I wouldnt trade up one spot for a college pick. I may be willing to trade down from pick 3 whoever's interested. Pick 3 lands you one of the top 5 qbs in the league. Spence I am interested in your offers to come for pick 3.

82nd Pick Is The Worst! Empty Re: 2nd Pick Is The Worst! Sun 08 Mar 2015, 1:39 pm

Spence

Spence

I meant that I get 3 and 6, and then you get 2 and 8 and College Pick #8.

But if you want to get rid of 3 all together then I guess I'd give you 8, 40, and College Pick #8. (trade calculator says you got the better end of the deal.) haha

92nd Pick Is The Worst! Empty Re: 2nd Pick Is The Worst! Sun 08 Mar 2015, 2:18 pm

Anthony

Anthony

I want a boat for pick 3 , its Bree's, Brady or manning . if I don't get it I'll take one of those guys and trott out rogers with em ever week!

102nd Pick Is The Worst! Empty Re: 2nd Pick Is The Worst! Sun 08 Mar 2015, 2:21 pm

Anthony

Anthony

Pick 2 is the same as pick 3, in my mind, and I hate college picks.

112nd Pick Is The Worst! Empty Re: 2nd Pick Is The Worst! Sun 08 Mar 2015, 3:54 pm

Spence

Spence

8, 40, and 69 is the best you're going to get out of me for 3.  I'd be more than happy to wait and just take Arian Foster, Jamaal Charles, Seattle, Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, etc. at 8.  Now if you want to simply trade down from 6 to 8 I could give you a pick for that.

122nd Pick Is The Worst! Empty Re: 2nd Pick Is The Worst! Tue 10 Mar 2015, 9:59 am

Spence

Spence

Join or Die:

8, 40, and 69 for 5

Whatcha think buddy?

132nd Pick Is The Worst! Empty Re: 2nd Pick Is The Worst! Tue 10 Mar 2015, 3:27 pm

Spence

Spence

What a difference a couple of MINUTES makes!

Craziest free agency period I've ever seen. Now I feel like who I'm taking at 2 changes and now I might just stay put at 8. Who knows. But man, Brees is going to take a massive hit. No Jimmy Graham. Salary cap hell. He's getting older. I'm not convinced Manning will be the same. He looked pretty old ala Brett Favre at the end. If Tom Brady gets Percy Harvin and C.J. Spiller! I'd be an idiot not to take the safe play and pick Brady.

142nd Pick Is The Worst! Empty Re: 2nd Pick Is The Worst! Tue 10 Mar 2015, 9:08 pm

swg

The Saints ended the season already over the cap by like $20 million before any free agents, re-signings, or draft picks. They are wrecked as a franchise. They went all in last year and pushed a ton of cap hits down the road with bonuses so they could give Byrd the biggest safety contract ever, and then they stunk last year. Jimmy Graham is the beginning of the casualties there. I am not sure they can get things turned around before the decline of Brees. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he is gone in the next year so they can get some more picks to jump start the rebuild. I don't know why you would pay him to throw to terrible receivers while you can't stop anyone on defense, staring at a 6 win season.

Long live Brady I guess.

152nd Pick Is The Worst! Empty Re: 2nd Pick Is The Worst! Wed 11 Mar 2015, 10:16 am

wherbert

wherbert

Supp #1
college #1

For #5

162nd Pick Is The Worst! Empty Re: 2nd Pick Is The Worst! Wed 11 Mar 2015, 5:35 pm

swg

Trade offers in March when the roster freeze goes until June. I love it. I also am going to file a tampering charge against both of you with the Stat Ho.

172nd Pick Is The Worst! Empty Re: 2nd Pick Is The Worst! Thu 12 Mar 2015, 4:24 pm

Spence

Spence

zero chance of that happening. ill probably stay put now that bradford just became semi-valuable.

182nd Pick Is The Worst! Empty Re: 2nd Pick Is The Worst! Wed 13 May 2015, 5:15 am

Spence

Spence

wherbert wrote:Supp #1
college #1

For #5

I have reconsidered this offer. This might be something I would do. However, it would be my pick #8 I'd give you. I have pick #9 already going to someone else in a deal once June 1st rolls around.

So I would tweak it ever so slightly...

You get...Supp #1, College #1, and #8 overall

I get...#5 overall plus one player(RB/WR/TE)

The player doesn't have to be great. I would be looking along the lines of a RB3, WR3, or TE2.

Just let me know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum