FRANCHISE KEEPER 10 TEAM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FRANCHISE KEEPER 10 TEAM FORUM

An all-in-one fantasy league football forum to enter trades, claims, cuts, weekly lineups, questions, comments for BIG DOGS ONLY.

ROSTER LIMIT = 30 players + 1 player on I.R.
REMINDER to get at or under the salary cap of $25 million
PLEASE enter 1 cut or claim per topic. DON'T REPLY to your original entry. Each new CUT or CLAIM has it's own TOPIC!!!! DO IT
No owner can claim players if they don't have salary cap space for the claim at the time of the claim.

FREE AGENT DRAFT begins WED JULY 15...Only 2 players from each team can be selected in FA DRAFT

You are not connected. Please login or register

QBR review

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1QBR review Empty QBR review Mon 14 Sep 2015, 1:13 pm

swg

I think at the end of the year we need to evaluate QBR as a category. I looked at the QBR leaders this week, and Josh McCown finished 7th in QBR. He went 5/8 for 49 yards, no TDs, and his team scored no points in the full quarter he played. This makes no sense to me, and that is compounded by the fact that ESPN does not reveal how McCown had a 88.7 QBR because their formula is secret. So he had a below average completion %, a below average YPA, and his offense scored no points with him on the field and he had a QBR that would have led the NFL by 5 points last year.

2QBR review Empty Re: QBR review Mon 14 Sep 2015, 1:20 pm

swg

Meanwhile Alex Smith completed a higher % of his passes for a higher YPA with 3TDs and zero turnovers and he finished more than 20 points lower in QBR.

Smith finished almost 40 points higher in passer rating (118 vs 79).

3QBR review Empty Re: QBR review Tue 15 Sep 2015, 3:00 pm

Stat Ho

Stat Ho
Admin

Josh McCown only played in 1 drive, in the 1st quarter, with the game tied at 0-0. McCown orchestrated 5 first downs, drove the Browns 17 plays for 90 yards, had 3 rushes for 23 yards to keep the chains moving. He did have a fumble lost. But to reflect on when he was in the game, what the score was, how well he moved the ball, I can understand why McCown's QBR was high.

https://franchise10team.forumotion.com

4QBR review Empty Re: QBR review Tue 15 Sep 2015, 3:09 pm

Stat Ho

Stat Ho
Admin

Alex Smith was QB for all 15 drives for KC.

Because KC was up 27-9 at half, all of Alex Smith's snaps in the 2nd half hurt his QBR (no KC scores in the 2nd half, only 4.9 yards/play for the game, 3 out of 13 in 3rd down conversions). Alex Smith had a 144.4 Passer Rating at the end of the 1st half, and didn't do much after halftime because the game was already basically decided.

I think that the QBR is more weighted on the overall team's performance during a QB's time in the game, rather than the QB's stats.

https://franchise10team.forumotion.com

5QBR review Empty Re: QBR review Tue 15 Sep 2015, 3:20 pm

swg

So if a guy has a decent drive that ends in him turning the ball over and no points for his team, that is playing well? I understand it's a small sample size, but it's a little absurd he would have an 89. Over the course of a season, guys mostly play to their QBR, but week to week there will be weird instances like this. The same was true of completion percentage and other stats, but I guess the fact that ESPN won't tell me why or how that drive is an 89 is what bothers me.

We have to guess at why these stats are what they are because they will not give out the formula. Is it team performance? Is it time of game? Etc... We really don't know.

6QBR review Empty Re: QBR review Mon 02 Nov 2015, 9:22 am

swg

Now Aaron Rodgers puts up this line.

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
14/22   77  3.5   0    0   3-27   64.6 69.7

So he had less than 100 yards passing, terrible YPA, no TDs, 3 passing first downs in the entire game, was sacked 3 times, and all of that adds up to a well above average QBR.  

Meanwhile Joe Flacco had an identical QBR for this stat line.

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
25/37  319  8.6   1   0    3-26   64.6 103.3

It is completely absurd they get the same QBR.  And even more absurd that we cannot even explain how this happens  because QBR is an ESPN state secret and they won't reveal the secret formula. I don't think we should use it as a category next year.

7QBR review Empty Re: QBR review Mon 02 Nov 2015, 9:41 am

swg

Not to mention on the season stats Ryan Fitzpatrick has a higher QBR than Tom Brady.

8QBR review Empty Re: QBR review Mon 02 Nov 2015, 5:00 pm

wherbert

wherbert

Rodgers qbr this week was a bit of a mystery...

9QBR review Empty Re: QBR review Thu 19 Nov 2015, 10:10 pm

swg

I'm glad we removed this stat.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/19/charlie-batchs-186-yard-two-pick-game-has-espns-best-qbr-ever/

Charlie Batch had a 17 attempt, 186 yard, 3 TD/2 INT game and it is the highest QBR in the history of football at 99.9.

10QBR review Empty Re: QBR review Fri 20 Nov 2015, 7:48 am

HeffsHuskers

Great point. Wow - Charlie Batch with 2 picks?? Crazy.

Ryan Tannehill should be better than that with the game he had on 10/25 against the Texans:

18-19 282yds 4TD,
perfect 158.3 QB Rating,
only QB to have three TDs of 50+ yards in a game;
perfect at end of 3rd quarter (15-15-237-4);
highest completion % for a perfect game (94.7%);
only incompletion came with 7:51 remaining in the game

but Tannehill's performance is only the 13th best QBR of 2015 - 94.2.

QBR jumped the shark...

definition: jump the shark
a term to describe a moment when something that was once great has reached a point where it will now decline in quality and popularity.

Origin of this phrase comes from a Happy Days episode where the Fonz jumped a shark on waterskis. Thus was labeled the lowest point of the show.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum