FRANCHISE KEEPER 10 TEAM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FRANCHISE KEEPER 10 TEAM FORUM

An all-in-one fantasy league football forum to enter trades, claims, cuts, weekly lineups, questions, comments for BIG DOGS ONLY.

ROSTER LIMIT = 30 players + 1 player on I.R.
REMINDER to get at or under the salary cap of $25 million
PLEASE enter 1 cut or claim per topic. DON'T REPLY to your original entry. Each new CUT or CLAIM has it's own TOPIC!!!! DO IT
No owner can claim players if they don't have salary cap space for the claim at the time of the claim.

FREE AGENT DRAFT begins WED JULY 15...Only 2 players from each team can be selected in FA DRAFT

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am sorry for not responding to the text.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rhess2020

I must have missed it. What is the logic for penalizing certain teams simply for their timing in when they played a team that is no longer in the league. It seems simple to make a blanket rule that all games against teams that quit are considered forfeits. There is no bias or objectivity to that policy. As currently enforced certain teams are substantially at an advantage if they receive a forfeit win down the stretch versus teams that have to actually play an opponent. When a team is put on probation they forfeit games retroactively and that seems like the position we should take. i would like a better explanation why it is not reasonable to take this approach. I would think instead of a text (an I am truly sorry I did not respond) we should have an open discussion on the message board. I do not want to complain I just think it is best if all teams are treated equally with respect to BR leaving the league. I do not think that HK and GP should be the only teams to benefit when they actually lost their head to head games against the same team I lost too but because of timing I am given a loss versus them getting a win. It has a big impact on the final standings and the integrity of the final standings. It is my opinion that BR and CB should have to forfeit all of their games as if they never played the season.Just my opinion and I will leave it at that.

2I am sorry for not responding to the text.   Empty By the way. Thank you Tue 22 Nov 2011, 8:24 pm

rhess2020

for all your hard work trying to get the standings posted. I just figured out where to locate last weeks results.

3I am sorry for not responding to the text.   Empty we have already found an owner for ts Wed 23 Nov 2011, 1:34 am

ip34

if u feel it is unfair that u lost to br earlier in the year & others get a free win now against br. what about teams that beat br earlier in the year. if we give u win for a game u lost against br, we r punishing the teams that won games legitamately ealier in the year against br.
This was a decison that was made last week & I asked for advice on what an appropriate ruling would be from everyone then. after gathering owners input from those that answered my text, we made the decision that we did. The only team with automatic forfeits the next 2 weeks is br ( which means 5 head to head games would be affected total.
im totally against going back and switching head to head results for br, because when those games were played there was an owner of that team thatwas involved & trying to win. there is no owner for br rt now so no owner should lose to a ghost owner that graham is turning in lineups for. if we do feel that we should take all of br's wins away i think we should just remove him from all season stats all together and just have a 9 point system on categories instead of 10. i really dont think we should do either, but i do feel if we do one we need to do the other. its just luck of the draw on the schedule

I also want to say that for jeff ( website & stat person ) to have to go back and change all head to head results for br and remove him from all season categories and base all categories on a 9pt system seems like it would be a lot of work to do. I t might not be because I dont know how to do that stuff myself.

another reason to not give retroactive wins is that owners could quit to get their friends wins retroactively. once an owner is out of it they could quit and overturn wins they had against their friends to improve their friends place in the standings

i have no issue with just letting br get hd to hd wins but i dont want to hear griping about who i play in his lineup. my issue has been if i play a guy who does awesome or shitty i dont want someone complaining that i played them and not a different guy

the reason we dont discuss all league issues in the forum is i dont value all owners opinions equally. i value the opinion of owners who are commited to the league long term more then owners who r not sure if they will play a 2nd year or owners who will always vote on what is best for their team and not best for the league. ( im not saying anyone is doing that rt now, im just making a point )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum