FRANCHISE KEEPER 10 TEAM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FRANCHISE KEEPER 10 TEAM FORUM

An all-in-one fantasy league football forum to enter trades, claims, cuts, weekly lineups, questions, comments for BIG DOGS ONLY.

ROSTER LIMIT = 30 players + 1 player on I.R.
REMINDER to get at or under the salary cap of $25 million
PLEASE enter 1 cut or claim per topic. DON'T REPLY to your original entry. Each new CUT or CLAIM has it's own TOPIC!!!! DO IT
No owner can claim players if they don't have salary cap space for the claim at the time of the claim.

FREE AGENT DRAFT begins WED JULY 15...Only 2 players from each team can be selected in FA DRAFT

You are not connected. Please login or register

some of these trades are ridiculous.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1some of these trades are ridiculous. Empty some of these trades are ridiculous. Sun 27 Nov 2011, 9:53 am

rhess2020

TO get Brees and Johnson for that offer is crazy. I had better offers on the table and was turned down.

I was away from the computer for a few days and communicated by text. Just as was the case with Russ and my trade I want to share my offers and please explain how they are worse than the deal that was accepted.

I offered Romo, Turner, 2nd and 4th for Brees and Johnson and Johnson. I was countered with Romo, Foster, 2nd and 4th. That is so ridiculously much more than was being floated around on the message board.

I then offered Turner, Romo, 1st and 2nd or Foster, Hasselbeck, 2nd, 4th.

Just like Tom who offerd Dalton and Ryan (Which is also a much better deal in my eyes - but what do I know I am only in first for the time being.)

This season has been a total mess.

I will continue to try and win the right way but suspect that will not happen. To many hurdles and red tape that is out of my control.

Orton and Cutler are WORTHLESS this season and next. Both guys are not keepers and if they are they are bye week replacenments at best! Brees, Johnson? two of the top 4 picks. I don't get it and neither should the rest of the league.

2some of these trades are ridiculous. Empty and the Forfeit thing is stupid. Sun 27 Nov 2011, 10:07 am

rhess2020

How is it fair to say that in the first few weeks if you lost to BR you should get a loss and if someone beats BR in the first few weeks they get a win because BR was still competitive and that a team that loses to BR in weeks that he is not competitive and they have lower scores they get wins given to them? Your explanations and logic for the way you are manipulating wins and loses does not make sense to me.

ip34

first i will answer about the head to head wins for br cb ts----once again, i am not the one who made the decison it was made with the input of all 4 of the 7 owners i texted about what to do. I have stated that I am fine with whatever decision is made. If we want to go back and change all of cb ts br head to head results to automatic losses im fine with that, im fine with letting teams still be able to lose to br. Im fine with whatever, all i care about is removing the hatred towards me.

I ask these questions though?
If we do go back and have those 3 teams forfeit their wins, shouldnt we go back and give them all lasts in the season categories as well? Im fine with doing this, but I just dont see how we can go back and do one but not the other.

Now as far as the brees trade:

RR - I think u put in a very good offer and i thought he was going to take your offer. He then told me he wanted Foster from you if he gave up Brees and u guys were close to an agreement. He then called me back like 15 minutes later and told me u guys couldnt come to an agreement and would I be interested in swapping dallas for blount in our original deal. I said yes and we then came to the agreement that was posted. I think your 1st offer was as good as mine, but him being a texans fan he wanted to get foster from you for brees and didnt want hasselback. As he put in his post that everyone ignored the trade he made with me leaves him in better shape next year then yours. No one seemed to listen or care about his explanation as to why he made the trade, he is a 10 year veteran of being in a league like this and has experience in rebuilding a team. He had terrible keepers before the trade and tolerable keepers and a way better draft after. in my offer ts only sacrifices the difference in stats from brees to cutler next year ( same salary) ( losing probably about 1000 passing yards and 10 tds passing ) and doesnt have to keep someone like james jones benjarvis green ellis or tennessee def.
his keepers if no trade with anyone-brees eli c johnson greenellis ingram hunter james jones
his team if he made your trade-romo eli turner hasselback ingram hunter james jones--
his team after my trade-cutler eli c johnson dallas ingram gabbert/tate/orton
u never offered any type of upgrade for him to his under keepers and ur offer included him taking a worse qb and worse rb then he was giving up ( a johnson is only a rental for any owner who acquires him, and a 3rd rnder is where his value is at this point in the season )for a team competing for this year your offer wouldve been better, but a for last place team playing for next year with crappy under keepers ur offer wasnt the best match. He told u what he wanted and u said it was too much, he was asking a lot, but only because he would still have to make more moves to get unders from someone else since u wernt offering any.

GP - Ur offers were close to, or better then mine, but as we discussed there was never an offer with dalton & ryan that included a free agent pick typed in as an official offer. Ts told me that if u gave him that in a deal he would take it. So i waited patiently all the while thinking u were trying to get a free agent pick to make the deal with him. It was after over 40 hours from the original post that ts finally just accepted my deal because he didnt think u were going to meet his offer- He had an offer in there for u to take and I thought u were gonna make it happen. I also waited extra time so that ts could get other offers because i wanted him to get a good deal. each time he came to me and said he might take a deal from rr including foster or when he said he wanted to wait extra time for our deal to see if gp would give up dalton ryan cincy fa pick, I was the one saying "take your time- get the best deal".

breakdown of trade between ts & ll -

a johnson was being offered for a 3rd so take each of those out of the trade and the trade is
brees k hunter for dallas ( keeper instead of green ellis ) cutler ( avg qb )orton ( poopy free agent qb at 250,000 but a better option then james jones ) b tate ( he loves texans and thinks tate will start after foster holds out, also only 250,000 and better then james jones ) gabbert ( big pile of poop, but still will be starting qb in jax next year and will only cost 1 mill, 3rd qb at best on team ) free agent pick ( new owner loves fa picks and values them more then bottom half 1st rnd picks ) pick 2nd rnd ( new owners favorite rnd to have picks in )

I know most owners dont value under keepers or picks for next year- especially the owners that only plan on playing this year. Some experienced owners do however value these things, especially when the team needs under keeper options and is in last with 65 points in week 12.

I will repeat as before, I wont collect a penny of my winnings ( if I win any ) and the decisions made are NEVER solely mine. Nolan Tom and Herb have been included in EVERY decision made this year.

I also am fine with removing myself from having a vote on all league issues and just being the person who presents the issues and never has to hear blame for the decision.
Once i do remove myself from voting i will only count the vote of owners that are committed to playing the following season as i cant see how an owner only willing to commit for this season can have the leagues best interest in mind when they vote

4some of these trades are ridiculous. Empty I appreciate Mon 28 Nov 2011, 11:30 am

rhess2020

your explanation of the trades but think we will agree to disagree on the value of the deals proposed. That is the nature of trading. It is subjective. The Vick trade that caused all this drama in the first place has turned out to be a blessing that it was reversed. I would have been killed in the deal. I also am confused about the new trade rule. I thought that the team MUST accept the best deal proposed and seeing as TS admitted that Tom's offer was better but that he had misread the post seems to be contrary to the rule. I am not trying to hate on anyone (I really mean that!) I am just confused by the rules and as a new owner I am constantly trying to figure out the rules only to have them change and it can be pretty difficult to keep all the rules straight. I want to learn so that I can get more comfortable with the leagues rules going forward.

I do not think that anyone is colluding or cheating. I just think we need to simplify some things so there is not so much confusion and miscommunication. With the texting, the message board (multiple lists), the emails, etc.. it can be difficult to keep anything straight.

I would appreciate it if you (Graham) as commissioner would make a definitive ruling on the BR Head-to-Head. I think that their are a few options that are fair and would like to hear EVERYONE's response to my proposals. It would be nice to have some input from people and then abide by whatever Graham and/or the league as a whole decides is fair.

I suggest we treat all teams that played BR by the same rules. It would be ok by me to allow all wins and losses to count as played out (no forfeits), but I think that will be impossible if we allow for the trading of picks for BR players. BR will be unable to fill a roster for the remainder of the head-to-head season and would automatically lose his matchups. It seems more fair to just disregard BR as a team for the season and award everyone a win for their matchups with BR. Whoever played BR for their rivalry game gets a small bonus for their win (I guess). I never questioned the lineup that was entered for BR by Graham and suspect nobody else did either. However, the problem remains with the games affected by potential trades and that is why I suggest we award everyone a win. I can't see the argument that people who earned wins early in the season will be upset that those who lost early in the season get wins vs. those who lost late in the season and received forfeit wins. The real issue is should the people who lost early and got L's be treated differently than those who lost late and got W's. I think we should apply a blanket rule of forfeit wins or no forfeit wins for the entire season. When the NCAA rules for a team to forfeit its season they don't give any bonus to the teams that actually beat the team that was penalized and forced to forfeit. They just get the satisfaction of knowing that they won the game.

PLEASE DON'T THINK I AM TRYING TO HATE ON ANYONE. I just want clarification going forward.

Thank you.

5some of these trades are ridiculous. Empty response from previous Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:15 pm

ip34

tom never had the free agent pick that ts wanted thats why there was never an offer typed in including dalton ryan cincy fa pick. Tom has already admitted that my trade makes sense when u look at it from ts point of view. He knows he couldve had brees if he acquired a free agent pick . Tom values brees tremendously but told me that he sees how the trade is fair. Tom said he will respond to this post to explain as well.
As far as talking about the vick trade again, u were told u could still make that trade it just needed a 24 hour window like others, russ is the one who chose not to trade em to anyone. I said before and will keep saying: " trade vick for better parts for next year, if your in 8th, 9th, 10th late in the season" same logic as brees trade- improve ur keepers and draft situation as top priorities if ur out of contention.

As far as head to head wins thing, I think herb nolan and tom should vote amongst the 3 of them what the best solution is ( even though all 3 voted for current decision 2 weeks ago ) i want u to get to say ur piece and let them decide.
If we do let br be eligible for wins it doesnt matter that he is trading players away because its the same thing an owner playing for next year would be doing. His lineup is suffering but so are the other lineups that other teams that are playing for next year are.

I know u ( rr ) want ur loss against br overturned on the basis that br is no longer in the league, but i think your arguement would hold more validity if u were argueing for the overturning of all 3 teams that were removed ( even though that would give ll 1 win and mp 2 wins over ts & cb ). except u keep argueing for br's games only.
i think we should just keep things how it is, but i dont want my vote to count on these matters anymore.

Then there is the matter of the divisions if we overturn wins. we would have 3 teams in 1 division that forfeited all of there games, creating an enormously unfair schedule strength for some teams
I think we should just give forfeits for games played starting when the owners quit ( br week 9, ts week 10, cb week 10 removal )Since br is my rivalry game and im forfeiting any money i win, it shouldnt matter that i get a head to head win. Teams that play br ts cb the weeks they get forfeited wins is just like if owners running those teams were playing for next year ( like cb & ts should be )

6some of these trades are ridiculous. Empty The reason Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:56 am

rhess2020

I only mentioned BR versus others that quit was because those teams got new owners. That is the only reason. Otherwise all the teams that quit should forfeit wins.

I does not matter. I am done wasting my time on these posts and the rules. This has been way too time consuming.

I am willing to make the right deals if anyone is interested. Text me. I am looking for an impact defense.

7some of these trades are ridiculous. Empty Re: some of these trades are ridiculous. Wed 30 Nov 2011, 2:30 pm

swg

I am not caretaking TS. I am taking them over and playing (and paying) next year. I've done pretty well in BDO (the original) and took home a ton of money last year and should get my share this year as well. I plan/hope to do the same in Snoops. i have honestly enjoyed my first week+ in snoops because of all the action. I've made 3 trades already and think I should be able to compete right away next year.

Everyone has a different strategy for this league (except Justin who just wings it and follows his gut and manages to win anyways).

I value FA picks because I can set their salary by who I pick. I value salary cap friendly guys in the offseason because of how up against the cap everyone is preseason. If you can take on salary you can steal great deals in the preseason/draft. I usually value one great player over 4 average ones. Always have in BDO. I originally told Graham to get lost on Brees. And everyone else too. Then I saw just how high the interest is and knew it was the quickest way to turn around the roster.

AJ is one of my favorite players but I have not kept an over $1 million WR in 10 years and would not start now. I truly hope Graham gets great production out of him because I love Houston more than Fantasy football, but Graham traded for a dinged up guy who hasn't seen the field in 2 months and will have backup QBs throwing to him. Yates may actually help since Matty 'Checkdown' leinhart wasn't going to push the ball downfield to him.

All in all, other offers were incomplete or promised or hinted at. If someone was away from the computer or didn't have what they offered or anything else, I am sorry it didn't work out. Either way I am moving forward and may even keep my team name.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum