FRANCHISE KEEPER 10 TEAM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FRANCHISE KEEPER 10 TEAM FORUM

An all-in-one fantasy league football forum to enter trades, claims, cuts, weekly lineups, questions, comments for BIG DOGS ONLY.

ROSTER LIMIT = 30 players + 1 player on I.R.
REMINDER to get at or under the salary cap of $25 million
PLEASE enter 1 cut or claim per topic. DON'T REPLY to your original entry. Each new CUT or CLAIM has it's own TOPIC!!!! DO IT
No owner can claim players if they don't have salary cap space for the claim at the time of the claim.

FREE AGENT DRAFT begins WED JULY 15...Only 2 players from each team can be selected in FA DRAFT

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Deadline and late season activity

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trade Deadline and late season activity Empty Trade Deadline and late season activity Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:56 am

swg

The end of the NFL schedule is already the least participated stretch for fantasy football. If you aren't in the top 2 or 3 or competing for the head-to-head championship there is little to be interested in.

Then when you consider the trade deadline happens with a month to go, it means that also ran teams are effectively done with a month to go.

What if we had some sort of post deadline trade system like MLB does (in MLB they can still trade after the deadline but players have to clear a waiver system).

Maybe we could have a Week 17 supplemental trade/FA week. Everyone could designate 2 players from their team. Then we do a bid process with those 20 players available. Maybe there is someone in those 20 guys I would rather have as a keeper next year than the players on my own roster. Then whatever players are bid on, the draft picks go to the team who put that player up for bid.

I don't think it would affect the championship at all since it would be done in week 17 (or 16). You could even exclude those in the top 3 season standings and head-to-head championships from bidding so it wouldn't affect this year.

But it would give the poorer performing teams a last chance to improve their keepers, and it would give one final reason to be involved before the season ended. And it would be very different from the existing FA draft since it would happen now instead of after the NFL draft/FA period.

2Trade Deadline and late season activity Empty I am on board......... Tue 25 Dec 2012, 9:59 pm

tcrouse78

tcrouse78

I like this idea a lot, especially considering the league and how it has really changed in being more offensive friendly... it allows guys to attempt to secure a better final roster for next year, and thus creates a more competitive league. I think this would be a great addition to the league and make it that much more fun to be a part of.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum