FRANCHISE KEEPER 10 TEAM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FRANCHISE KEEPER 10 TEAM FORUM

An all-in-one fantasy league football forum to enter trades, claims, cuts, weekly lineups, questions, comments for BIG DOGS ONLY.

ROSTER LIMIT = 30 players + 1 player on I.R.
REMINDER to get at or under the salary cap of $25 million
PLEASE enter 1 cut or claim per topic. DON'T REPLY to your original entry. Each new CUT or CLAIM has it's own TOPIC!!!! DO IT
No owner can claim players if they don't have salary cap space for the claim at the time of the claim.

FREE AGENT DRAFT begins WED JULY 15...Only 2 players from each team can be selected in FA DRAFT

You are not connected. Please login or register

Proposed Rule Change Discussion

+2
wherbert
Spence
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Proposed Rule Change Discussion Wed 01 Jul 2015, 9:51 am

Spence

Spence

I noticed that this is being proposed...

(14)Individual Wins – PROPOSED TO REPLACE
Yards Gained Per Touch

My two cents is I don't like Individual Wins as a category. I think it is too random and messes with what we are trying to accomplish with our teams. I feel like there is not a true way to game plan for it and it just seems unnecessary that will result in random points.

I personally think we should add a category to Defense. I always liked that our league puts a slight premium on Defense. It has been eroded away in recent years and I'd like to get one more category over there. Instead of Individual Wins, how about you add Defensive Scoring as a category?

Just my two cents. See you all in VEGAS!!!

2Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Fri 03 Jul 2015, 6:44 pm

wherbert

wherbert

I agree with Spence...wait, did I say that? JK, I completely agree with Spence.

3Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Tue 07 Jul 2015, 7:35 pm

Anthony

Anthony

I disagree, Seattle has won the title the last two years in this league. Last year being the least competitive season I've been apart of. Both winning teams had Seattle and in my opinion defense has to much value. I'm not taking anything away from barrett or ward. I'm glad to see a balance in value between defense/offense and definitely think we needed to devalue defense.

4Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Tue 07 Jul 2015, 7:58 pm

wherbert

wherbert

AJ -
I agree with your take - Seattle making a huge difference for both of us - but...

KC was also HUGE for me that year - and...AND

I set records in several offensive categories - check the stats baby!!!! - esp receiving yards, catches, TDs, total yards, yards per play...

And Barrett's team was just as balanced / dominant - if not more so

So, i feel its been balanced - and i don't like a def category switching to an off.

5Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Tue 07 Jul 2015, 11:58 pm

Spence

Spence

that is kind of my whole point. why are we taking a category away from defense at all. i think it was just fine at 7. qb touches more categories than defense anyway. i have seattle but if cincy and carolina somehow suck ass, i wont win the league. there is not one single player or defense that automatically wins you the league. no one.

6Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:09 am

Spence

Spence

here is how many categories each position scores points in...

QB-11

DEF-7

RB-11

TE-8

WR-8

Defense actually effects the least amount of categories as is.  I do however view their value like this...

Quarterbacks are the most valuable.  You almost have to be good at QB to win this league.

Defense is a step down but still second.  Very valuable but just not to the level of QB.

Running Backs is a full step down.  Second tier.  Too many running back by committee teams.

Tight Ends are on the third tier.  But less top level guys than wide receiver therefore more valuable.

Wide Receivers are still the least valuable.  Which I think is great. I hate them.

It should be noted that I get no bigger thrill than trying to figure out my Defenses. It's what makes our league different and great. I truly despise the Yahoo type leagues where it is all offense and the defense barely matters week in week out. I will be very upset if we start switching this up. Rant over. haha

7Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:25 am

Spence

Spence

Here is a fun "did you know" factoid about this league.

Defense used to be 11 of the 22 categories back in the day. lol!

8Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Wed 08 Jul 2015, 6:23 am

swg

But defense is 100% of those 7 categories. RB is like 80% of the 3 rushing categories, 30% of the total offense categories, and 25% of the receiving categories. Add it all up and Defense is still worth more than everything but QB.

9Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:09 am

Spence

Spence

hence, me stating above that the order of importance is..

QB
DEF
RB
TE
WR

which i think is perfect and should not be messed with.

10Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Defense never was 11 categories. Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:14 am

ip34

We are purposely and consciously devaluing defense. It also gets counted in the total touchdown category so that is 7 categories ( how do u not remember that painful conversation that you and I had spence, when I spent an hour explaining to u that if ur defense scored it was counted under touchdowns scored )
Barrett and ward had the worst qb's ever to win titles the lay 2 years. Qb was less valuable then ever the last 2 years. Barrett started manziel and it didn't hurt him at all.
If u guys want changes the end of the season is when we decide that.
You both have 3 defenses ( including Seattle ) and are clamoribg for more defensive categories.
At least I'm not sitting here with 3 good qb's telling everyone qb should be more valuable.

11Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:21 am

Spence

Spence

We are purposely and consciously devaluing defense. Hate the ideaIt also gets counted in the total touchdown category so that is 7 categories ( how do u not remember that painful conversation that you and I had spencei fully remember your "painful" conversation. i agree with all changes except for taking away the 7th category for a partial category, when I spent an hour explaining to u that if ur defense scored it was counted under touchdowns scored )
Barrett and ward had the worst qb's ever to win titles the lay 2 years. Barrett had Brees for most of the year.Qb was less valuable then ever the last 2 years. Barrett started manziel and it didn't hurt him at all.
You both have 3 defenses ( including Seattle ) and are clamoring for more defensive categories.
At least I'm not sitting here with 3 good qb's telling everyone qb should be more valuable.these last two sentences are bullshit and you know it. I have always liked the fact Defense is valued more and you know that. And I'm not clamoring for more categories, it says PROPOSED. Change it and I won't ask the question.

ip34

We discussed all this 7 months ago. All u guys are doing is creating dissension and encouraging arguments.

13Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Wed 08 Jul 2015, 9:17 am

Stat Ho

Stat Ho
Admin

Spence wrote:We are purposely and consciously devaluing defense. Hate the ideaIt also gets counted in the total touchdown category so that is 7 categories( how do u not remember that painful conversation that you and I had spencei fully remember your "painful" conversation.  i agree with all changes except for taking away the 7th category for a partial category, when I spent an hour explaining to u that if ur defense scored it was counted under touchdowns scored )
Barrett and ward had the worst qb's ever to win titles the lay 2 years. Barrett had Brees for most of the year.Qb was less valuable then ever the last 2 years. Barrett started manziel and it didn't hurt him at all.
You both have 3 defenses ( including Seattle ) and are clamoring for more defensive categories.
At least I'm not sitting here with 3 good qb's telling everyone qb should be more valuable.these last two sentences are bullshit and you know it.  I have always liked the fact Defense is valued more and you know that.  And I'm not clamoring for more categories, it says PROPOSED.  Change it and I won't ask the question.

TOTAL TOUCHDOWNS Category was taken away and replaced by TOTAL POINTS SCORED. So if a Defense or Special Teams scores points, those points will be included in the TOTAL POINTS SCORED Category. So there are still in fact 7 Categories in which Defense is involved with, just not 100% involved like before.

Last edited by Stat Ho on Wed 08 Jul 2015, 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I don't need a reason)

https://franchise10team.forumotion.com

14Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Wed 08 Jul 2015, 9:56 am

Spence

Spence

going to have to disagree with you grahamer.  we were having a perfectly legitimate and civil discussion about a rule that was listed as "proposed" until you posted.  but back to actual topic, that new rule.  i will always always always push up against defense losing anything anytime it happens.  but its a small change not a drastic one so i can live with it.  i just hope it always stays qb, def, rb, te, wr.  i like that ranking.

15Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Your right it's my fault for chiming in Wed 08 Jul 2015, 10:02 am

ip34

Feel free to question any rules or scoring u want. Your conversation in this forum was very positive for the league and asking about rule changes when the season has ready started is not dangerous or irresponsible at all.
As long as you all know I will NEVER find another owner for this league. Next time an owner gets out its on everyone else to replace them. I'm tired of finding owners then having them read posts like this and want to quit as soon as they start.

16Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Wed 08 Jul 2015, 10:05 am

Spence

Spence

i think you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. we were having a completely civil discussion until you started posting. relax.

ip34

Spence wrote:Here is a fun "did you know" factoid about this league.

Defense used to be 11 of the 22 categories back in the day.  lol!

18Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Wed 08 Jul 2015, 10:09 am

Spence

Spence

have a good rest of your day "angry man" haha

19Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:14 am

wherbert

wherbert

Certainly was not trying to stir dissention G-man. I was just tossing in 2 cents. I have no beef with league rules...but I think everyone likes to throw opinikns around...even if its after the fact/ after the rule has changed. Like Spence (and everyone else in the league), I appreciate hiw much balance there is between O & D. But like the NFL, rules change...offense gets advantages, rules change...defense gets advantages. In my limited time in BDO, there have been rule changes that impacted results, which we all live with and adjust to. Any real fantasy player would jump at ownership in this league...IMHO.

I got my ticket to SD, I got my draft plan in place, and my Pledge to dust the mantle for the trophy which will be back at my house.

20Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:21 am

Spence

Spence

oh no no no. im taking the damn trophy this year. i havent wasted half my summer studying fantasy football for nothing. Smile

21Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:38 am

wherbert

wherbert

You can come in 2nd. 2nd isn't "nothing" Spence...remember? You remember that, right?
:-D

22Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:40 am

Spence

Spence

it isnt nothing but im pretty sick and tired of coming in second. its title time this year. i dont care if the entire rest of my life suffers because of it. im winning this fucking league this year. haha

23Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Wed 08 Jul 2015, 11:53 am

wherbert

wherbert

I believe that there are a few guys with that attitude this year...and I do not,for one second, that you're all in.

24Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Thu 09 Jul 2015, 3:24 am

Anthony

Anthony

I plan on whoopin both tor arses. don't want to rain on your parade, but the can of whoop ass has already been opened. I got a can with your name on it.
Good luck , daddy will hold nothing back... you can study all you want spence, won't help
. Initiating ass whooping process!!

Anthony J

25Proposed Rule Change Discussion Empty Re: Proposed Rule Change Discussion Thu 09 Jul 2015, 11:59 am

wherbert

wherbert

Wake up Anthony, wakey wakey....Anthony, come on dude wake up buddy....

ANTHONY! WAKE!! UP!!!!

Dude, you were dreaming again. Sleep drafting is dangerous.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum