FRANCHISE KEEPER 10 TEAM FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FRANCHISE KEEPER 10 TEAM FORUM

An all-in-one fantasy league football forum to enter trades, claims, cuts, weekly lineups, questions, comments for BIG DOGS ONLY.

ROSTER LIMIT = 30 players + 1 player on I.R.
REMINDER to get at or under the salary cap of $25 million
PLEASE enter 1 cut or claim per topic. DON'T REPLY to your original entry. Each new CUT or CLAIM has it's own TOPIC!!!! DO IT
No owner can claim players if they don't have salary cap space for the claim at the time of the claim.

FREE AGENT DRAFT begins WED JULY 15...Only 2 players from each team can be selected in FA DRAFT

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question for next year's drafts....

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Question for next year's drafts.... Empty Question for next year's drafts.... Sat 06 Dec 2014, 9:37 am

Spence

Spence

First I need to say that I'm not trying to start a big thing. This is just a simple question that I think should be answered before the season ends. So don't take any of this offensively, I'm simply looking for clarification on how a rule is going to be applied. That's all. I love all you guys Smile Anyways, here is the rule I'd like to know how we are going to handle...

iii. If you finish below 80 points for your season score, you will be ineligible to draft in the top 3 of any draft the following year

As it stands now, how are we going to handle this if NE doesn't get to 80 points?

Are we going to be enforcing this rule? I've never agreed with it personally, but it's listed under the rules so I'm guessing you have it there for a reason.

And second, what is the exact resolution for his picks?

I see three situations that need clarification before the year is out. What happens to his own FA pick? If we enforce that rule, does that mean he picks 4th no matter what?

Whoever has his Supp pick, does it downgraded to the 4th pick?

And finally, the most important, what happens to his 1st that KP has? Does that now become the 4th overall pick and then teams placing 7, 8, 9 now are the top 3 after the lottery since he would be ineligible?

Thanks for answering my questions and thanks for keeping everything up and going this year. It has probably been the most organized and helpful year so far. Having the players listed underneath the rosters has helped so much, especially during the draft. Hopefully we do that again next year. Welp. Have a good weekend.

2Question for next year's drafts.... Empty Re: Question for next year's drafts.... Sat 06 Dec 2014, 10:08 am

wherbert

wherbert

KP must surrender NEs first round pick

NEs fa and supp become last pick of the each round

Join or Die's pick automatically go to the first of each round since he was the reigning champion during this season.

Seems pretty fair...especially KPs surrender of the 1st rounder

Spence, I appreiate your well thought out and worded questions. Not easy to ask...but we need to land on these answers sooner rather than later just in case Nolan can't bring his score up. Obviiusly I should not be coming up with answers alone...I really do want to be fair to the entire league and its integrity.

3Question for next year's drafts.... Empty Re: Question for next year's drafts.... Sat 06 Dec 2014, 10:19 am

Spence

Spence

yea im definitely trying to word it correctly. not trying to start a big thing but it really does need to be answered. mainly because the first three picks next year appear to be peyton manning, aaron rodgers, and drew brees. so its very important to know before the season is over what happens if he cant bring up his score.

4Question for next year's drafts.... Empty Re: Question for next year's drafts.... Sat 06 Dec 2014, 3:08 pm

swg

Graham and I talked about this on the way to shiner last month. The wording says the player under 80 is ineligible for the top 3 ("YOU will be ineligible as opposed to YOUR assigned pick will be ineligible).

That means any pick Nolan has cannot be in the top 3 next year unless he gets above 80. Any pick that started with Nolan but is not his anymore is not affected by the rule.

Graham can weigh in on this but that was what we talked about last month when the rule looked like it might apply

5Question for next year's drafts.... Empty Re: Question for next year's drafts.... Sat 06 Dec 2014, 3:24 pm

swg

As for why we have the rule, it is to discourage tanking and encourage guys turning in lineups when they are out of it.

Tanking doesn't apply much in this case since Nolan doesn't have his pick or his Supp pick (and tanking for FA is almost pointless).

And Nolan has done a pretty good job of staying involved and turning in a lineup (aside from 1 whole week and a few individuals started on bye weeks).

So in this case the rule didn't apply much since he didn't have his own pick and since he did a pretty good job as a good owner without the rule motivating him.

But I know last year the rule motivated me to keep a decent roster to stay above 80 instead of selling every last part I had.

6Question for next year's drafts.... Empty Re: Question for next year's drafts.... Thu 11 Dec 2014, 7:13 pm

Anthony

Anthony

Yep

7Question for next year's drafts.... Empty Re: Question for next year's drafts.... Fri 12 Dec 2014, 4:34 pm

Spence

Spence

agreed. but he would have to move down in the fa draft to 4th.

8Question for next year's drafts.... Empty Re: Question for next year's drafts.... Tue 23 Dec 2014, 4:11 pm

Spence

Spence

just checking in before the season is over on what we are doing with NE. am i correct in assuming if things stay they way they are NE will not be the 1st overall in the Free Agent draft? that means i will be the 1st overall in that particular draft correct? thanks brother!

9Question for next year's drafts.... Empty Re: Question for next year's drafts.... Tue 23 Dec 2014, 4:26 pm

Anthony

Anthony

the way i understood it when we talked about it in shiner TX, was that his team is ineligible to be the top 3 in the draft. Say he gets pulled out of the deck 1st, nolan will be placed in 1st position in the draft.since i have his pick i would be up at #1. i believe he has justins 1st rounder, if justin was picked 1st it would move justin down from 1 to 4 because nolan has his pick in the 1st round. however justin would still remain in the same draft order position as determined by the lottery. So justin would be the last pick in the second round, but 4th in the 1st round,. since it only effects nolan and not justin. being that nolan doesn't have his own 1st rounder he has justins

hope that makes sense

10Question for next year's drafts.... Empty Re: Question for next year's drafts.... Tue 23 Dec 2014, 4:39 pm

Spence

Spence

yea i get all that. i was talking specifically about the free agent draft. the rules says he is ineligible for the top 3 in ANY draft. so in the FREE AGENT draft, the way i see it, i would be the 1st overall. correct? if all things stay the same of course.

11Question for next year's drafts.... Empty Re: Question for next year's drafts.... Tue 23 Dec 2014, 4:40 pm

Spence

Spence

iii. If you finish below 80 points for your season score, you will be ineligible to draft in the top 3 of any draft the following year

Also, the Free Agent draft is the only draft that doesn't reflect the lottery per this other rule...

g. FREE AGENT DRAFT will go by reverse of previous season’s standing finish.

12Question for next year's drafts.... Empty Re: Question for next year's drafts.... Wed 24 Dec 2014, 7:33 am

wherbert

wherbert

I have a personal stake...so I understand my leaning...

I have Nolan's FA PICK, so as it also pertains to Anthony's first round pick...it remains as is...since I aquired the pick before the season

Nolan gets penalized not his "picks"

13Question for next year's drafts.... Empty Re: Question for next year's drafts.... Wed 24 Dec 2014, 7:35 am

wherbert

wherbert

Sorry, I have his Supp pick...not his f/a, so as it pertains to NE free agent pick that he is still in possession of...I agree wih the conversation so far

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum